An exciting in-service offering for educators who wish to help gifted students to become:
- Avid readers
- Critical and creative thinkers
- Interested learners
- Organized investigators
- Effective communicators
- Responsible information users
The workshop includes:
- Books to promote higher level thinking
- Readers theatre as springboards to science units
- Thematic studies for real world problem solving
- Differentiating skills teaching for gifted students
- Unique research products with no more copying
- Critical reading and critical thinking skills
- Multi-cultural and global studies
- Literature and the social studies and much more!
The workshop will introduce the best new books especially chosen for students in gifted programs!
Featuring a differentiated curriculum for gifted students
- Content related to themes, issues or problems.
- Integrating multiple disciplines
- Developing independent and self-directed study skills
- Focusing on open-ended tasks
- Integrating basic skills and higher level thinking skills
- Encouraging risk taking
- Allowing for choice ( self-selected experiences)
- Encouraging development of products that use new techniques, materials and forms.
- Developing research skills and methods.
- Self evaluation of products